Wednesday 3 June 2015

Convention Swaps

Well the weather up this way had suddenly got a little chilly! Though, we are fortunate that when I say a "little chilly" I do really mean "a little" with an average daytime temperature of around 19 degrees!!! Yes, I know, that's not chilly at all for those down south, but we poor far north coasters think it's a big difference. Our gorgeous whales are making their way up the coast, so we are in for a fantastic performance across the next couple of months as they make their way to warmer waters once again.
Today I have  some pics of my convention swaps - each convention many SU! demonstrators make several swaps to exchange with other like-minded (craft crazy) demos. I am always a fan of doing something a little different, so I decided to make 2 different types of 3D swaps - one a mini self-closing box and the other a domino keyring with embossed feathers from the "Four Feathers" stamp set which VERY sadly didn't make the cut for the new catalogue (sniff, sniff). I love convention swaps because you get to meet such a wide range of people from Australia and NZ who are just so talented and enthusiastic. They are happy to swap and chat about the technique they used to create their swap, leaving me with lots of fresh ideas and inspiration for my own work. It's so nice to know that there are others out there just as crazy and passionate about their craft as I am. I made an all time record for me of 50 swaps this year, so I received almost as many to bring back home, as I gave a few away to friends who hadn't had time to do swaps this year.
  Self-closing box : Blackberry Bliss cardstock & ink, Very Vanilla cardstock, Always Artichoke ink & cardstock, Flower Patch & Amazing Birthday stamp sets,13/8" & 11/4" circle punches, Simply Scored, paper trimmer, Fast Fuse, Stampin' Dimensionals & Sticky Strip.

Domino Keyrings: White dominoes, Four Feathers stamp set, Versa mark, Blackberry Bliss, Chocolate Chip, Smoky Slate, Island Indigo, Bermuda Breeze,clear or gold embossing powders, Dazzling Diamonds, heat tool, jewellery findings,
 metal glue.
Well, what do you think? Hope you like them.

Yours in ink,
Joelle

No comments:

Post a Comment