Thursday 30 August 2012

Stamp Camp and Goodbye to some old favourites

I am so excited to be blogging again! I have so much to tell you! I have recently returned from an absolutely amazing Stamp Camp which was organised by my absolutely gorgeous upline Marelle Taylor. I spent 3 whole days stamping, chatting and deliriously giggling with friends into the wee hours of each morning. Marelle had organised THE most unbelievable weekend for 40 lucky ladies in the NSW Hunter Valley. The theme was of course "The Olympics" and there were 5 challenges to enter: Gold, Silver & Bronze Challenge, Green and Gold Challenge, The Olympic Rings Inspiration Challenge, Christmas Challenge and the Name Tag challenge. I was fortunate enough to win A Gold and Silver Medal for two of my challenges, and yes, I was tempted to wear my medals into the airport to get a first class flight home, but resisted the temptation, I hear people have been sent to "special hospitals" for trying such a trick! Hee Hee! I will post some of my entries in the challenges in future posts (some stamp sets I used have not yet been released).

Speaking of new releases, there are some gorgeous Christmas sets coming in the new catalogue, yes, I've seen it! These are the benefits of being a stamping up demonstrator.
Though I must say I'm really sad that so many Christmas stamp sets are retiring. I so love Christmas, it's probably the thing I tend to collect the most of Christmas stamp sets and embellishments (o.k, I know that can't be true, yes I probably have just as many owl, girl, boy and flower things too!). But lets face it, Christmas is such a special time of year for everyone who celebrates it and yes that is TOTALLY me! Today I am going to show you some lovely cards I designed for a recent Christmas Stamp-a-Stack class.
Stamping Up! products used in this class: Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla cardstocks, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip and Baja Breeze Stampin' Pads, Baroque Motifs, Tree Trimmings, Welcome Christmas and  Dasher stamp sets, 5/8 Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon (ALL RETIRING on 31.8.12 so if you still want to order, get in quick! There's only 2 days to go), Clear Rhinestones & pearls, Petals-a-plenty Textured Impressions embossing folder & Big Shot machine, snail, sticky strip and Stamp-a-magig.
I'll be back soon.
Until then, ink those claws up!
Joelle




No comments:

Post a Comment