Thursday 5 April 2012

More Pressies

Well I have got lots to show you, as I had lots of birthdays to catch up on. The gifts and cards that I have to show you today are some gifts I sent to two of my dear Sydney crafting buddies. They actually share the exact same birthday and age! Amazing!
As these gifts were sent late I decided to create a bit of fun for the girls, by including a little project for them to complete together after opening their cards and gifts. We often used to craft together and I really miss those special times we used to share. So I thought I create a special craft task for them to do - Mini magnets and a gift box to present them in. Along with instructions on how to do the task, I included snacks, tea bags (for having a cuppa without me!) and a "suitcase" filled with chockies to share. The girls were pre-warned via email that they would need to prepare a morning or afternoon that week where by they would open their parcel and 'have a cuppa on me'. They were told what crafting equipment they would need in the email I had sent and detailed instructions which they were asked to follow in order. Some of the instructions included "Put the kettle on and while it's boiling, talk about how much you miss me" and "Now open the suitcase and talk about when you're planning to visit me"! Aren't I cheeky!
Any way the girls had a good laugh, which was part of my plan. Happy belated 50th Girls!
Here's some pickies of my gifts:


                                                        The 'suitcase' I designed.
I better head off to bed, I have a very BIG weekend ahead.
Hoot, hooty Hoot!
Joelle

4 comments:

  1. Joelle, so happy to see that you are back in blogland, hope you are feeling better (having read your previous entries) and that you will be back to normality (does that even exist? LOL) very soon.

    Wishing you a Happy Belated Birthday - love the "Owl" cake, you have a very clever friend!

    Take care, I look forward to seeing more of your creations soon. Helen Cooke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there gorgeous one! So lovely to hear from you. Hope you are going well and have kept up that beautiful work you do.I have seen that you have been teaching a number of classes at Alice in Paperland, I subscribe to their site and so have checked out some of your work, beautiful stuff.
      Hope you and your family are keeping well.
      Love Joelle xo

      Delete
  2. Hey Love, I have nominated your for an award. If you look at my post for today you will see what you have to do to receive it. It is that you are an inspiration to me and I do like to follow your blog. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Thanks so much lovely, I am new to all this blogging stuff, and simply trying to teach myself how to do everything. J xo

    ReplyDelete