Tuesday 17 April 2012

Beautiful creatures?

Well, I just have to show you some photos I took of some beautiful dragonflies that I saw whilst I was camping (I know, I know me camping - rather hilarious really!) during the Easter long weekend. Since I moved here, I have been fascinated by the wildlife and this is yet another example. Their striking colours are simply amazing!
Check them out:

Aren't they amazing!
Now for some not so beautiful creatures . . .
Its was my beautiful boys' birthdays recently and they are really into all sorts of things, though sometimes seem to be quite alien to me! So I created these cards for them, I used the "Make a Monster" stamp set by Stampin' Up! I don't use this nearly as often as I should, it is so much fun to use. I also borrowed a quote from the now retired "Lots of Bots" stamp set, which I unfortunately do not own, so I typed my own on the computer.

Aren't they cute! The boys loved them.
I used Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Basic Black inks and cardstock, watercolour paper & Staz on ink. I also added googly eyes for added dimension. All adhesives from Stampin' Up!









Until next time, 
Inky claws!
Joelle

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joelle, what gorgeous dragonflies. Years ago I saw some similar around a little waterfall in Carlingford (believe it or not) during a bushwalk (in between North Rocks & Carlingford). Hmmm maybe I should go bushwalking a bit more?

    Very cute birthday cards - hope your boys had lots of fun. Helen C

    ReplyDelete