Tuesday 10 June 2014

A Very Special Birthday

Recently I was asked to make a VERY special card for a VERY special lady. I was asked to make a 100th birthday card for a local lady for a surprise celebration. There were some special conditions of this card; it had to state "happy 100th birthday", it was to be a garden theme (as Carm loves her garden) and it needed space for approximately 70 people to write a message and sign their name. I felt so honoured to be asked to create this card. I was fortunate enough to be asked to make her 99th birthday card last year, and of course I couldn't knock back the opportunity to create her 100th card this year. This card was from all the ladies at Carm's local bowling club - yes, she still bowls, though I did read in the paper that she is "retiring" from bowling this year - not bad coming from a lady who has just turned 100! Let's hope we are all as fit and active as Carm when we reach 100!
So I created an "explosion" box card, I know this sounds like a bit of a risk for a 100th card, but really, the only "explosion" that occurs is that when you take the lid off, the card opens out!
100 Explosion Card Closed

.
Explosion card opened - There were several layers of this (12 in total) to allow all members to sign & add a comment.

Centre display

I used all Stampin' Up! Products to create this card (except for the silk & paper flowers on the lid). I mainly used Sale-a-bration items, purely because at the time it was Sale-a-bration and it fitted in so well with the garden theme. I could not post it at the time, as it would have spoilt the surprise. The products I used were: Petal Parade stamp set (SAB), Sweet Sorbet DSP, Secret Garden stamp set and framelits (retiring - boo hoo!), Papillion Potpurri stamp set, glue dots, Whisper White, Pistachio Pudding, Blushing Bride, Summer Starfruit & Calypso Coral cardstocks & ink pads,window sheets, SNAIL, Stampin' dimensionals, Score Pal, sticky strip, Number Dies (also retiring!), silver glitter cardstock, large & small butterfly punches and scallop tag punch (from the current occasions catalogue) and pearl basic jewels. 
Hope you enjoy this creation!
Yours in inky claws,
Joelle

No comments:

Post a Comment